Strange facts about me
I’m taking a little break today for a bit of fun. I have profiles everywhere. Those in my books are generally serious and sometimes lengthy, those in social media are mostly pithy.
Then there is this listicle. It’s not actually a profile, but it does tell something about me. I don’t know exactly why I wrote it initially, but now it is part of my About page on my website.
Alma swims with the dolphins
I bet you didn’t know that:
- I am a coffee addict. I know because when I accidentally went cold turkey, a patterned hotel carpet attacked me. It wasn’t fun.
- The Taste Of English Tea blog once suggest pairing my novel, “The Secrets of Jin-shei,” with Oolong Orange Blossom Tea.
- I can eat an entire bowl of cherries at a sitting, once eating a huge box bought for a three-day car trip in three hours.
- I went on a tall ship which had an engine, too – we went OUT on our cruise with the engine, and I was seasick, and came BACK under full sail, and I was not. Go figure.
- I swam with dolphins when I was younger (much younger). Twice. I still tell people that if they get a chance to do this, they must! Just do it. It’s THAT fabulous, yes.
- I once jumped off a mountain. Well, hooked up to a paragliding instructor. But still…
- I touched a gate from Babylon. It lives in a German museum, and the bulk of it is ‘reconstructed’, showing what it must have looked like – but there are tiles in it that were new when Babylon was young, and back in the day I was there, you could still touch them. I touched an ancient civilization with my own fingertips.
- I love falling snow. I hate driving in it, but I love watching it, love walking through the white silence.
- My brain is a lumber room full of odd facts. Did you know why it is bad luck to have a peacock feather in the house? I do. Do you know the lyrics of songs from obscure musicals? I do. Can you write a sonnet in five minutes because the form is so ingrained in your mind? I can. If you are asked what summer tastes like or winter smells like, are you able to answer? I am…
- My dreams are vivid and I can often recall them verbatim on waking. Sometimes I can direct them from within, and occasionally I can serial dream, picking up one night where I left off the night before.
Any facts about you that you’d like to share?
FOLLOW MY BLOG